Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

4 Months Old!

Samuel is 4 months old today! He had his 4 month old check up this past Wednesday. He weighs 15 pounds and 4 ounces and is 23 1/2 inches long. The doctor was very impressed with Sam's progress. I told him I was concerned that Sam may be a bit behind developmentally. He said absolutely not....and asked me whose baby I was comparing him to. How did he know I was doing some baby comparing! :) Anyway, Sam is exactly where he is supposed to be. He is become more vocal this past week and really enjoys playing on his floor gym. He has discovered his hands....they are swinging all the time....Sam is either hitting Mommy or himself...or he has them in his mouth. He is beginning to drool...this I've heard is a early sign for teething to come. Sam did finally graduate into size 2 diapers this past week. I was really trying to use all our size 1 diapers up....but Sam is the boss. The size 1's could not hold all Sam had to offer. :)
*******************************
Sam is eating cereal now. The doc gave the go ahead at our visit. The first time Sam tried his cereal, I made it very runny and he liked it. When I thickened it up, he was not happy. Each day he has accepted it more and more. He is doing great and we will start vegetables on Wednesday! My mom says to watch out for peas. Apparently all my siblings and I were pea spitters. Yikes!
**********************
We had a nice 4th of July. We celebrated with our friends Jon and Angela and their kids Ella and Holden. Everyone hit the pool except me and Sam. I think we may try to get Sam in the pool one evening when the sun has gone down. When we got home the evening of the 4th, our neighbors were putting off lots of fireworks. I was nervous that they would disturb our little guy, but I was wrong. He slept right through it all.

Jon, Holden (7months), Sam, and Nick.

Tummy time!

Chewing on my new toy.

Go Dawgs!

Before cereal......

.....after cereal! :)
After eating cereal the next day. Sam did better today than the 1st day.

Sam and his cousins Adam and Hayden. Sam loves to be read to.

Happy 4th of July!

Sam and Aunt Bethany. Austin and Beth are getting married in March.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: