Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going Home Without Samuel

Yesterday (Monday-March 9) I was discharged from the hospital. It was a crazy morning trying to get things settled with insurance and doctors and nurses. And trying to pump milk for Samuel and eat breakfast and pack! Yikes! My emotions kicked in a couple of times especially when I headed to see Sam. He helped give me strength by giving one smile after another. He also had his first poopie diaper while Nick and I were visiting. I got to hold the milk that he took through his feeding tube. The nurse gave me the best gift ever before we left....she opened Samuel's incubator and let Nick and I give Samuel a kiss. After that, I was on cloud nine and strong enough to leave. It also helps that the most amazing nurses in the world are taking care of Sam in the NICU. They are truly angels from heaven.



No comments: